About Mommy Center

About Mommy Center

Friday, July 10, 2009

Re: Live Life?

Komal, this is in response to your post. I did not know what title to put up so I just added 'Re:' in front of yours :)

Yes, I understand what you are going through. It can be a real debate (and works more on our mental level than anything else) - This whole issue about taking out time for ourselves without feeling guilty. But at the end of the day I think that its what we want most that will get its priority.

I am a workout freak (altho I have to still loose weight) and find it hopelessly hard to find time to workout even though I am at home. I guess its when you are home that you tend to have more work to do than when at work. Besides, like you all know by now...here is the US we ladies are everything from wife, mom, kaamwaali bai, dhobi, baawarchi, driver etc. to name few. But I am not complaining. We are the backbones of every family. But, that is where the whole issue starts. We handle so many things (plus office work) and baby care... sometimes its simply more than we can chew. And I think its not unfair to take a break and do what you want. But then this whole guilt thingie rises at the back of our heads and we just apply the brakes.

I honestly would love to workout at the gym and then practice playing my keyboard and painting. But when I get doing to doing it I think Im not being with Samvit..and then I feel like the worst Mom on planet earth.

Anyway, putting all emotions apart (which is so tough after becoming a Mom) I think it all boils down to time management. Komal, how about you going to the gym for say 3 days a week for now, so that the other days you can be with Kyra at home. So you will be splitting your time between what you want and what you ...umm... want!! :)

I guess motherhood is all about balancing things out and finding win win situations for everyone involved in our lives. Hmm.. and the game has just begun!!!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SUBSCRIBE TO MOMMY CENTER

Enter your email address in the box below to get blog updates to your inbox

Delivered by FeedBurner