About Mommy Center

About Mommy Center

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Dawn of Bribery

Well, its something we all have encountered as kids. "Do this, and I'll give you that.." or the very famous, "Eat your food, and I'll get you that new toy you always wanted!"

I never thought I would use these exact same phrases. But time has come! It is one thing to make a statement and another to keep it up. There have been times when I have said to my little sonny that I'd give him a new set of ABC' fridge magnets if he'd finish drinking his milk...but no matter what the outcome, I would not keep up my word. Not because I dont remember it once he has/has not had his milk, but for reasons better known to me (I'm already tip-toeing across the floor with toys all over!). But, just the other day, he asked me where the new set of ABC magnets were and I lied (again!) saying the monster took it away.. just so that I could save the same tactic for his next I-dont-want-milk tantrum.

Is it right to do this? Would they stop trusting our words? I fear that from the bottom of my heart.

Do any of you do so? Share your thoughts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SUBSCRIBE TO MOMMY CENTER

Enter your email address in the box below to get blog updates to your inbox

Delivered by FeedBurner